Chairperson’s Opening Remarks and
Private Market Investing for Medium-Sized Pension Funds: Portfolio Construction and Access to Opportunities
- Structuring a diversified private market portfolio
- Sourcing and building relationships with investment managers
- Governance models that optimizes investment objectives
Discussion Topic 1: Theme Investing in Private Markets
- What are the key mega trends and how do they impact on private markets investing?
Examples include: inflation and interest rates, carbon reduction, water consumption, digitization, demographics, etc.
Discussion Topic 2: Sustainable Investing in Private Assets
- As institutional investors align investments with sustainability goals, how do each sector of private assets present opportunities?
Fireside Chat: Building Sustainable Investment and Organizational Models in Achieving Long-Term Objectives
Farmland as a Diversifying and Sustainable Asset Class
- Considerations of investing in farmland
- Farmland investment models
- Outlook for farmland investment opportunities in Canada, the U.S. and globally
Climate and Energy Transition: Capitalizing on the Growing Sector
- Renewable energy and investable opportunities
- Risk and return profiles of investing in energy transition
- Renewable opportunities around the globe